Radon is a health hazard with a simple solution
Reducing radon in your home
Radon is a radioactive gas that is produced naturally by the breakdown of uranium in the ground. Since radon can't be seen, smelled, or tasted, it can get into your home undetected. In outdoor air, radon is diluted and therefore not a concern. But in confined spaces like your house, radon can build up to high levels and become a health risk.
One of active solutions is a commonly-used method known as sub-slab depressurization: a pipe is installed through the foundation floor and is piped to the outside with a small exhaust fan, which draws the radon from under the house and pushes it back outside, before it can enter your home.